Kirwin House

"First known as the Chamber Hotel, then Oxford House and then later known as the Kirwin House, it was built in 1891-92 on Oxford Street, west side, opposite the old Market Building (municipal parking lot). It served Ingersoll until 1967, when it was torn down for a new modern building (presently the Oxford Small Business Centre). It was a farmer’s hotel with auction yards and there were stalls for the cattle to wait in before they were sold across the road. The farm implement dealer, W. J. Fishleigh would put on dinners for his perspective buyers at the Kirwin Hotel."
- Excerpt from Ingersoll: Our Heritage by Harry Whitwell.